Located just off the village green, in the heart of the lovely village of Binham in the county of Norfolk, with its historic Priory. The pet and environmentally friendly brick and flint Norfolk cottage, has been furnished in a charming style to the highest ecological standards.
A perfect year round retreat for a relaxing holiday. Great for families, walkers, bird-watchers, or for a cozy romantic weekend. Rose Cottage has held a Silver Green Tourism Award for the last 7 years.
Rose Cottage is entirely run on electricity from 100% renewable sources. We use Good Energy who are one of Britain’s greenest energy suppliers. Their renewable fuel mix consists of wind, solar, hydro and biogeneration, all powered by nature!
The brands we choose are eco-friendly and conscious about the impact they have on the environment. Our cleaning materials are often plant based, refillable and come in recycling bottles. Some of our favourite cleaning brands are Ecover and Ecoscleanse. Choosen because of the way they source their ingredients, their war on plastics waste and that they are constantly finding new ways to put environmentally clean values into practice.
Our bed linen is made of luxurious organic cotton from Greenfibres, we also use this UK brand for our double mattress and pillows. They offer beautiful products that are kind to the environment and to your health and well-being. Their linen is organically certified, grown and made without the use of pesticides and other toxic chemicals.
Rose Cottage has a south west facing wildlife friendly garden. In the summer you will be greeted by the sound of swifts, whirling high in the sky above you. We often have the magnificent red kite soaring over the cottage and of course gulls! Our regular garden visitors include house sparrows, jackdaws, blackbirds, robins and wrens.
We have bee and butterfly friendly plants and of course scented roses. As you relax in the garden during the summer months you will hear the gentle buzz of a bumble bee as it flies from flower to flower.
Green Tips For Your Stay At Rose Cottage
- In the summer you can line-dry your washing in the garden.
- Use the compost bin for organic waste, we use all the compost we make on our garden.
- The Norfolk Coast Hopper bus is fun – we park in the Wells town car park (not on the quay or at the beach) and then take the Hopper to Holkham and walk along the beach.
- This is a good area for star gazing since there is less local street lights at night. Use a star gazing app to study the skies in the evening.
- The local farmer provides milk fresh from the farm.
- Trevor, who runs the Binham local store, stock almost everything. Please support his business, as it is vital for our village store.
- In winter, please do use the wood burning stove in the evening.
Here at Rose Cottage we are constantly striving to reduce our carbon footprint and make your stay as green and sustainable as possible.
I would like to thank Carmel for this guest blog post. To find out more about Rose Cottage, visit rosecottagebinham.co.uk